Recipes for Cooking with Cheese
Blue Stilton Mayo
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5 ml (half level teaspoon) salt
- 1.25 ml (quarter level teaspoon) paprika
- 5 ml (1 level teaspoon) icing sugar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2.5 (half level teaspoon) mustard powder
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) wine vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 200 ml (third pint) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) boiling water
- 100g (4 oz) blue stilton cheese‚ crumbled
Place the egg yolk‚ salt‚ paprika‚ sugar‚ cayenne‚ mustard‚ vinegar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
Work until smooth‚ then gradually add the oil while the motor is running. Blend until the dressing has thickened.
Add the water and blend until smooth.
Stir in the cheese and spoon into a serving bowl.
Serve with green salad‚ cold vegetables‚ fish‚ hard boiled eggs or cold meats.
BACK TO CHEESE RECIPES